All Medical UnitsGastroenterology and Hepatology
Gastroenterology and Hepatology is a branch of medicine which deals with the disorders of digestive system (esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, pancreas and gall bladder) and liver diseases.
In our clinic, the diagnosis and treatment of our patients who have complaints such as bitter liquid in the mouth, burning and pain under the breastbone, swallowing problems, stomach pain, swelling, defecation problems (diarrhea and constipation) and abdominal pain are performed by our specialists. In addition, the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of hepatitis B, hepatitis C and chronic liver diseases (cirrhosis) are also performed in our gastroenterology and hepatology clinics.
Endoscopy Units which are utilized in our clinic within the Department of Gastroenterology are located in a very large and spacious area in order to make the patient feel comfortable at the highest level.
The diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures for digestive system diseases are performed by our expert physicians and experienced nurses with the cutting-edge medical equipment.
Diagnostic Procedures for Upper and Lower Digestive System
It is an imaging method that allows the examination of the esophagus, stomach and duodena by means of a device called an endoscope, which has a thin, long, soft, twistable and lighted camera system.
It is an imaging method that allows the examination of the small and large bowels (Terminal Ileum) by means of a device called an endoscope, which has a thin, long, soft, twistable and lighted camera system.
It is an imagining method that images the lateral digestive system and evaluates the ampulla area where the bile ducts are opened to the duodenum by means of a device called duodenoscope which has a soft, twistable and lighted camera system.
Therapeutic Procedures for Upper and Lower Digestive System
- Stenting in esophagus strictures
- Balloon dilation of esophagus stenosis strictures
- Band ligation of esophageal varices (in the diagnosis of portal hypertension-hepatic cirrhosis)
- Sclerotherapy for bleeding esophageal varices and esophageal ulcers
- Extirpation of the foreign body from esophagus
- Sclerotherapy for bleeding gastric and duodenal ulcer
- Clipping for bleeding gastric and duodenal ulcer
- Electro-coagulation (heater probe) for bleeding gastric and duodenal ulcer
- Extirpation of the foreign body from stomach
- Balloon dilation of pyloric strictures
- Feeding tube insertion into stomach (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy - PEG)
- Feeding tube insertion into small intestine (percutaneous endoscopic jejunostomy - PEG)
- Nasojejunal feeding tube insertion
- Extirpation of gastric polyps (gastric polypectomy)
- Colonic strictures dilatation and stenting
- Extirpation of colonic polyps (colonoscopic polypectomy)
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures for Liver and Bile Tracts Diseases
- Biliary stone extraction
- Balloon dilation of biliary strictures
- Stenting of biliary strictures
- Liver biopsy
- Abdominal paracentesis