All Medical UnitsOphthalmology
Ophthalmology is a branch of medicine dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of eye by analyzing its anterior, central and posterior segments.
Upon the advancements in today's technology, ophthalmic problems have started to increase gradually and many new ophthalmic disorders have been discovered. In the ophthalmology clinic, we aim to make the diagnosis of these disorders by means of the cutting-edge technology devices. The treatment of patients is performed thoroughly by our expert physicians and experienced personnel.
In the ophthalmology clinic, with the aim to eliminate the ophthalmic disorders, appropriate eyeglasses and contact lens types are determined for the patients after the ophthalmologic examinations are performed.
In the clinic, our expert physicians provide service for both children and adults for 6 days of week.
Diagnostic and therapeutic tools used in Ophthalmology Department
- Auto-refractometer (computed eye number evaluation)
- Computed visual field
- FFA (Ophthalmic Angio)
- non-contact tonometer air-puff eye tension evaluation)
- Computed phoropter (computed ophthalmologic examination)
- Applanation tonometry (eye tension evaluation)
- Indirect ophthalmoscopy (fundus oculi examination)
- Keratometry (corneal diameter evaluation)
- Pachymetry (corneal thickness evaluation)
- Biometry (intraocular lens evaluation)
- Argon Laser
- OCT (optical coherence tomography)
Main ophthalmologic disorders treated in our clinic
- Phaco (suture-free cataract operation)
- Ocular refraction disorders
- Eye tension (glaucoma)
- Lacrimal duct disorders
- Diabetes-related ocular disorders
- Retinal diseases
- Hypertension-related ocular disorders
- Age-related macular disorders