By a Single Test Find Out İf Your Disease is Covid or The Flu!
As the weather gets colder, there is an increase in the number of upper respiratory tract infections. Especially during these days while the pandemic still continues, everyone with the complaints of malaise, coughing and sore throat has the same question in their minds: "Do I have the covid or the flu?” You can easily find out the answer to this question with the respiratory multiplex PCR panel in our hospital.
How is respiratory PCR test done?
Respiratory PCR test is performed by nasal swab method as in normal PCR test. It is a short, painless procedure.
How to find out if I have the covid or the flu?
The samples taken from the patient are checked in the respiratory multiplex PCR panel and the most common three viruses that cause upper respiratory tract infections are detected. These are influenza pathogens, Influenza A/B and RSV, and the corona virus pathogen SARS-CoV-2.
When can I get the test result?
You can get your test result on the same day.
What are the advantages of respiratory PCR test?
- This test detects the microbe itself, namely its DNA or RNA. Like other diagnostic methods, it does not investigate the indirect reactions in the body against the microbe.
- Results can be reached quickly.
- Many factors are checked with a single diagnostic method.
- Because the disease can be clearly diagnoses, the correct treatment is applied quickly.
Differences Between Covid and Flu
- Fatigue and weakness
- Loss of taste or sense of smell
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Muscle and joint pain
- Dry coughing
- Sore throat
- Runny nose and congestion
As can be seen, the two diseases can be easily confused as they show very similar symptoms. Tests are required to distinguish them thoroughly. Instead of dealing with a few tests separately, your disease can be fully detected and your treatment can be started with the respiratory PCR test.
For detailed information, you can contact our call center at 0850 222 04 94.