Tüm Medical UnitsGeneral Intensive Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit is a department which ensures the patients stay alive with many different devices, many different medications and practices which support lives of the patients who are in danger of death due to any disease.
General Intensive Care Units in our hospital are equipped with high-technology equipment. In our units, the devices such as high-tech products, artificial respiration devices and monitors in which the vital functions are monitored are used as life-support systems. Besides, the medicines applied in this unit are very significant medications which are very powerful, far beyond the usual and familiar drugs, and it is vital that they are applied carefully. Under this responsibility, we have a team of physician, nurses and other staff members who are specially trained and experienced in intensive care in order to ensure the complete care of the critical patients and to make them stay alive.
The adult patients who are referred from other hospitals are accepted in our unit. The patients who are in need of basic and advanced life support are transported to our hospital via fully-equipped ambulances and their treatment begin within the shortest time.
Patient groups who are treated in general intensive care units
- Patients with severe stomach bleeding
- Severe respiratory insufficiency
- Patients who have sudden stroke
- Acute renal insufficiency requiring urgent dialysis
- Asthma patients
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) with acute attack
- Coma resulting from brain hemorrhages
- Patients requiring close follow-up after major surgery
- Severe respiratory failure
- Patients with severe infections,
- Patients with history of general body trauma (like head, chest, abdominal and extremity traumas)
- Patients who had major surgery, such as cardiac surgery
- Patients who have suffered damage to many organs after the accident
- Patients with nervous system disease (Myastenia Gravis, Guillian Barre)
- Poisonings that may disrupt or impair vital functions